Semi permanent make up training!
We are super excited to be able to offer training in this amazing treatment, but what exactly is Semi-permanent makeup?!
Semi-permanent make-up, also known as Micropigmentation, is a form of temporary cosmetic tattooing which allows you to have long-lasting eyeliner and lip colour as well as being able to shape and contour your eyebrows. The procedure involves tiny particles of pigment being placed beneath the surface of the skin (In the dermal layer), much like a tattoo. This pigment will stay in the skin for a number of years, gradually breaking down and fading with time, although the longevity of the results will depend on your age and skin type.
Micropigmentation techniques have been refined in recent years and a wider selection of pigment colours have been developed so that technicians can create ultra-natural looks. Only a trained semi-permanent make-up artist can perform this treatment. Many technicians are also beauty therapists or nurses but you actually don’t need to have any formal training prior to training as we will cover everything you will need to know.
In addition to being commonly used for cosmetic enhancement to enhance the eyebrows, eyelids and lips, semi-permanent make-up may also be used to create an areola (the brown area around the nipple) after mastectomy or for scalp densification in cases of hair loss.
People that suffer from vitiligo or alopecia which are a chronic disorder that causes depigmentation in patches of skin can also benefit from semi-permanent makeup.
You can choose to train in just Eyebrows or Eyebrows, lips and Eyeliner and the methods we can train you in are Machine or Hand tool.
Anyone who wears make-up is a potential candidate for semi-permanent make-up especially the following:
- If they lack colour and shape to their lips and want to enhance them without having dermal fillers
- If they regularly pencil in their eyebrows or would like a better shape
- Fill in gaps where they have been over plucked
- If they want to enhance their eyes and want the effects of eyeliner without the running and under eye smudging
- If they want to open up their eyes and raise their eyebrows without the need for a brow lift
- If you are allergic to traditional cosmetics or if you
- Simply want to save time by not having to apply a full face of make-up every day
The technique is also used for medical applications such as:
- Areola (nipple) tattooing following mastectomy
- Eyebrow reconstruction for alopecia patients and those who have lost hair through burns, operations or accidents
- Densification of hair loss
- Cosmetic correction of cleft palate
- Correction of facial asymmetry
When we say Semi-permanent we mean that after the initial treatment, if left untreated again it would eventually fade away. However, it is recommended that clients boost their procedure annually to keep the cosmetic tattoo looking fresh.
What will you learn on your semi-permanent makeup training course?
You will receive first class training on a strict ratio. We only train a max of 2 trainees at a time, so you won’t get forgotten in a big group or classroom. We ensure you receive full focus and attention from your trainer and you will receive maximum hands-on coaching.
All our training courses consist of a balance of theory, demonstrations and practical work. In the full course will teach you the 3 basic aspects of cosmetic tattooing:
- Brow treatment
- Eyeliner Treatment
- Lip Treatment
Who should attend the semi-permanent makeup training course?
This course is an excellent entry point. Suitable for individuals who either wish to set up their own semi-permanent makeup business or who would like to enhance the treatments offered at a salon or clinic. You do not need to have any prior experience or a background in beauty. However, you must have a steady hand, an eye for detail and the confidence to sell yourself. The course will take you from complete novice to fully confident, certified practitioner.
What topics are covered in your semi-permanent makeup training course?
- Creating brow shapes and placement
- Lip line and lip enhancements
- Eyeliner shapes and placement
- Legislation and guidelines
- Marketing and client retention
- Profile of your client
- Hygiene, health and safety
- Anatomy and physiology of the face
- Consultations and contraindications
- Equipment and needle usage
- Colour and pigment theory
- An overview of semi-permanent makeup and how you can advance your profession
- Setting up your treatment area
What will you receive when you complete your diploma course?
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certification of Attendance. Once you have completed your case studies and portfolio you will receive a Diploma of Excellence and then you will be able to fully market yourself and start to see big returns on your investment.
Is on-going support available after you complete your course?
Absolutely! Rest assured, you will receive the support from trained specialists who are available by telephone and email to discuss any procedural, colour or technical queries you may have.
So what are you waiting for? Join the semi-permanent makeup revolution!
Email our Training Manager Melissa at [email protected] for more information